One of the most popular questions by beginners is how to install a wordpress theme. WordPress has made it super easy to change the look of your blog from minimalist to classy to professional.
Although WordPress comes with a great default, sometimes you just want a different look. Installing a WordPress theme is easy.
How to Install a WordPress Theme From a Search
There are many free WordPress theme at your disposal. All you need to do is search.
- In your WordPress administration area, click on the Appearance menu, followed by the Themes sub menu.
- Then click on the Install Themes tab.
- If you already know the name of the theme you’d like to install, do a search for it (1). Or you can filter existing themes according to the features you are looking for (2).
- Look through the result of your search, pick a theme you like and click on the Install Now link under that theme.
- Click on Live Preview to see how the theme looks like with your content. If you like it, click on Activate.
How to Install A WordPress Theme By Uploading a Zip File
Now that you know how to install a wordpress theme using the search function, let’s go one more step. There may be times when you may need a theme that has special functions. Premium themes, as they are called, normally require you to upload the theme as a zip file to your WordPress install.
All you need to do is, click on the Upload link when you’re on the Install Themes tab.
Then just browse to the theme zip file on your computer and click on the Install Now button.
Then do a Live Preview like before and if you’re happy with what you see, Activate it.
And you’re done 🙂